The future layout room is approximately 9 metres long, 6 metres wide (30' x 20'). I do not as yet have a completed track plan.....one of those to do jobs.
Basically it will be multi level. The mainline on the lower and the Merriwa branch on the top. Staging below the lower level.
- Code 70 mainline, Probably Micro Engineering, with hand laid no7 Points to NSWGR standard. Warren at Gwydir Valley Models has specially arrange some Fastracks Jigs to this design.
- All secondary track including branch line will be hand laid code 55 along with all point work and catch points.
- Electronic turnout control using ANE smart switch servos and accessory decoders
- 30" minimum radius
- Gradients to be 1' in 40' max.
- Easy DCC wireless control
- All loco's to be sound equipped.
Mainline will run from staging under layout (Broadmeadow) up past the Muswellbrook no2 colliery, Past the loco 'Y', no1 colliery and loco depot, and into Muswellbrook yard. From Muswellbrook yard through the countryside to Willow Tree, Up the 1 in 40 and through the tunnels to Ardglen. It will then leave Ardglen into staging again (Werris Creek).
The branch will leave on the western end of Muswellbrook yard, as per the prototype, wind its way around a centre island and up on to the top level. Denman, Myambat, Sandy Hollow, Gungal and Merriwa surrounding the layout room. I hope to keep the track plans for the yards as close to the prototype as possible although there will no doubt be a bit of modellers licence involved.
The train room is still 12 to 18 months off as we have had a few dramas with Council requirements for the septic system and unfortunately i have to extend the house part first. I will post up some pics as we progress along. In the mean time I am able to prepare some of the loco's and rolling stock for the layout. These i can also use with the exhibition layouts NSW running session at the train shows. I will try and post up some progress pics as well for the projects i do weather it be for my layout or for others.